• House #101, Qala-e-Fatullah Street, Lane #1 Kabul, Afghanistan
  • +93 (0) 75 204 3935

CHX-Gel Branded Chlorhexidine 7.1%

Chlorohexidine (CHX) 7.1% is a broad spectrum antiseptic gel used on newborn’s umbilical cord to prevent life threating infections. It is safe and effective for reducing bacterial colonization in skin and umbilical stump of newborns. The freshly cut umbilical cord is a common entry point for invasive bacteria that cause newborn sepsis and death. Bacteria rapidly colonize in the moist cord stump and have direct access to the bloodstream through umbilical vessels that remain open for the first few days after birth. It is highly recommended to use CHX 7.1% in neonates’ umbilical cord stump during the first week of their life. It prevents neonates from bacterial infections for a long period of time